HVAC Upgrades and Maintenance
Pennsylvania residential customers of Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions for their homes.
Download A Rebate Application Apply for a Rebate Online
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up-front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up* an existing HVAC system.
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest high-efficiency HVAC technology.
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor** to receive valuable rebates on qualified energy-saving HVAC solutions:
- $50 rebate on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner or heat pump system - bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings.
- $150 rebate on furnace fan motor - replace the fan motor in an existing furnace or air handler, or install a new furnace or air handler with a high-efficiency fan motor. Fan motor rebate cannot be combined with a central air conditioner or heat pump rebate.
- Up to $200 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner - depending on the efficiency rating, earn rebates of $100 to $200 and reduce home cooling costs by as much as 30 percent***
- Up to $500 on the installation of an air source heat pump - install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners and save energy all year long.
- $200 rebate on ductless mini-split heat pump - an excellent alternative for homes without conventional duct work.
- $600 rebate on the installation of an ENERGY STAR®-certified geothermal heat pump - take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating;
- $75 rebate on installation of a packaged terminal air conditioner and $150 rebate on installation of packaged terminal heat pump - an affordable, reliable, and efficient way to heat or cool your home.
- Up to $25 rebate on the purchase of a programmable thermostat - install a programmable or smart thermostat and save about $180*** a year by programming it with recommended settings.
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune up or installation.
Start Saving Today
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.