Residential HVAC Program
- PROGRAM UPDATE -
Phase I energy efficiency programs end on May 31, 2013. All equipment and services must be purchased by May 31, 2013, and all rebate applications must be postmarked by June 7, 2013. Phase II programs begin June 1, 2013. Look for Phase II details and updated rebate applications coming soon! Current Phase I rebate applications can be used and will be honored until the Phase II rebate applications become available.
FirstEnergy's utilities have contracted with Honeywell to administer this program. This site and its content are maintained by Honeywell.
Right now, Pennsylvania residential customers of Met-Ed, Penelec and Penn Power (FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities) can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions for their homes.
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune-up an existing HVAC system.
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest high-efficiency HVAC technology.
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor* to receive valuable rebates on qualified energy-saving HVAC solutions:
- Up to $75 on the tune-up of an existing central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal system – bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings
- Up to $300 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner – depending on the efficiency rating, earn a rebate of $150 to $300 and reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent**
- Up to $400 on the purchase of an air-to-air heat pump – install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long
- Up to $217/ton on the installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified geothermal heat pump – take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune-up or installation.
Start Saving Today
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from FirstEnergy’s utilities! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.
*HVAC contractors who perform work under this program are not affiliated with FirstEnergy’s utilities or Honeywell International Inc. and neither FirstEnergy’s utilities nor Honeywell International Inc. make any promise, warranty or representation regarding work performed by such contractors.