HVAC Upgrades and Maintenance
Pennsylvania residential customers of Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions for their homes.
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up-front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up* an existing HVAC system.
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest high-efficiency HVAC technology.
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor** to receive valuable rebates on qualified energy-saving HVAC solutions:
- $50 rebate on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner or heat pump system - bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings.
- $150 rebate on furnace fan motor - replace the fan motor in an existing furnace or air handler, or install a new furnace or air handler with a high-efficiency fan motor. Fan motor rebate cannot be combined with a central air conditioner or heat pump rebate.
- Up to $200 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner - depending on the efficiency rating, earn rebates of $100 to $200 and reduce home cooling costs by as much as 30 percent***
- Up to $500 on the installation of an air source heat pump - install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners and save energy all year long.
- $200 rebate on ductless mini-split heat pump - an excellent alternative for homes without conventional duct work.
- $600 rebate on the installation of an ENERGY STAR®-certified geothermal heat pump - take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating;
- $75 rebate on installation of a packaged terminal air conditioner and $150 rebate on installation of packaged terminal heat pump - an affordable, reliable, and efficient way to heat or cool your home.
- Up to $25 rebate on the purchase of a programmable thermostat - install a programmable or smart thermostat and save about $180*** a year by programming it with recommended settings.
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune up or installation.
Start Saving Today
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.