HVAC & Water Heating
Pennsylvania residential customers of Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions for their homes.
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up-front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up* an existing HVAC system.
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest high-efficiency HVAC technology.
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor** to receive valuable rebates on qualified energy-saving HVAC solutions:
- $50 rebate on a whole house fan — helps save on air conditioning costs by removing warm air from your home
- Up to $60 on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal system — bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings
- $100 rebate on Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM) replacements — when you upgrade your existing blower motor to a high-efficiency ECM.
- Up to $100 on ductless mini-split air conditioner or ductless mini-split heat pump — an excellent alternative for homes without conventional duct work. Some systems provide both heating and cooling solutions
- Up to $300 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner — depending on the efficiency rating, earn a rebate of $150 to $300 and reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent***
- Up to $400 on the purchase of an air source heat pump — install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long
- $600 on the installation of an ENERGY STAR® certified geothermal heat pump — take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating; Through December 31, 2016, homeowners who install ENERGY STAR certified geothermal heat pumps are eligible for a 30 percent federal tax credit
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune up or installation.
Start Saving Today
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.